Here is another recipe from Mike’s Godmother, Marge. These recipes might be a bit old school, but I love that! Very simple and so so good! I have also included an awesome side dish that everyone seems to love and always wants seconds!
Sorry, I am far too impatient to post step-by-step pictures. I will leave that to the amazing Pioneer Woman!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup wishbone Red Russian dressing
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
1. Place chicken in baking dish and lightly salt and pepper
2. Mix all other ingredients in seperate bowl
3. Pour mixture over chicken
4. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 1 pound sliced zucchini—I use 4/5 zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can Campbell's condensed cream of chicken soup (I use the healthier kind)
- 1/2 cup sour cream OR I find greek yogurt works well too!
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese (if you don’t have cream cheese, you can use 1 full cup of sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter—just enough to coat the stuffing mix
- 1 package chicken-flavored dry bread stuffing mix (I buy the store brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sauté the zucchini and onion in a couple tablespoons of olive oil until tender with a little S&P. In a large bowl, combine the soup and sour cream. Stir in the zucchini and onion and mix well.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the butter and stuffing mix. Spread half of this mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spoon the zucchini mixture over the stuffing, then top off with the other half of the stuffing.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until stuffing is golden brown.