Linking up with AP again for her weekly Pin-Tastic Challenge! This weekend I made this pin. I modified her crunchwrap a bit using tortilla chips for the crunch, greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and ground turkey instead of beef. It turned out ridiculously good! It will definitely be our new taco night weekly rotation (along with a skinny margarita of course). Mia even ate this (you can leave out the “crunch” part) So it’s toddler friendly too.
**If you wanted to go all carb free on this, you could just wrap it in lettuce leaves for the “crunch.”
- flour tortillas
- restaurant style tortilla chips
- lean ground turkey meat
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 pack of taco seasoning (you can buy the packet or make your own here
- shredded mexican cheese
- plain greek yogurt (I used Fage brand)
- diced Tomatoes
- diced lettuce
- Brown diced onion with salt, pepper, and a little olive oil until translucent. Lean turkey meat is pretty bland at first and the onion gives it more flavor.
- Brown ground turkey meat (add a little more salt and pepper) with the onions, then add the taco seasoning.
- Microwave flour tortillas in microwave for about 10 seconds to warm them up. This makes them easier to wrap.
- Lay the flour tortilla down on a plate. Spoon ground turkey mixture in the middle of the tortilla. Top with shredded cheese, a few tortilla chips, a dollop of greek yogurt, tomatoes, and lettuce.
- This is where I had a little trouble, so please read carefully! Starting with the bottom of the tortilla, fold the edge up to the center. Continue doing this is a clockwise or counter-clockwise movement until all of the tortilla is folded over, and the filling is entirely enclosed.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray. Carefully place the crunchwrap down on the pan. Press with a spatula and cook until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Flip over and repeat. Enjoy!